Mouse Monoclonal Antibody Development Service
The following phases are the basic steps of the process we follow to develop custom antibodies. Each project is treated as unique and we work with our Customers to create a protocol that works best for them to provide our Customers with a tailor made antibody.
Preimmunisation Phase – on request (4-6 weeks)
- Antigen Design
- Peptide Synthesis
- Peptide Conjugation for immunisation purposes
Phase I: Immunisation and Screening (~10 weeks)
- Multiple (3-5) immunization of eight (8) FcRn overexpressing transgenic BALB/C mice
- Collection of test bleeds and determination of antibody titre by ELISA using antigen
- Test bleed data will be evaluated jointly to determine the immune response within antisera. Serum samples can be shipped on request.
- Identify 1-2 mice for fusion purposes
- Boost selected mouse four days prior to fusion
Phase II: Fusion (2-3 weeks)
- Fusion (approximately 9 weeks after initial immunization 2 selected mice will be given a final boost for cell fusion)
- Parental clones are screened by ELISA (up to 1000 hybridoma clones) to select antigen-specific IgG producer clones
- Supernatants are saved for further testing
- ELISA data will be provided and customer selects up to 12 supernatants (0.5-1 ml/parental clone) for shipment if requested
- After primary screening up to 5 positive parentals specific to the immunogen will progress to subcloning
Phase III: Selection, Subcloning and Expansion of Hybridomas (2-3 weeks)
- Subcloning of selected microcultures
- All subclones generated in this phase will also be evaluated by direct ELISA against the antigen.
- Only positive reacting subclones specific to the immunogen with sufficiently high titres will be carried forward to the Customer for additional examinations.
- Includes cryopreservation of parental clones (2 vials per clone) and subclones (up to 5 vials per clone).
Phase IV: Antibody Production (on a 1 litre basis) and Purification (up to 100 ml of concentrated supernatant) (2-3 weeks)
- Clones isolated in Phase III will be selected for antibody production
- ELISA–based Mycoplasma testing of selected cell lines (per clone) will be performed prior to the production of antibodies
- Antibody produced (max 2mg) will be purified by Protein A/G chromatography (followed by SDS-PAGE analysis of the protein using COOMASSIE stain - charged separately)
- Antibody concentration will be determined for the purified monoclonal antibody using conventional methods and will be reported in tabular form
Additional Information About CAS
- The animals are kept and immunized in compliance with Institutional Animal Care and Ethics Committee-approved protocols (22.1;601 /000/2009).
- These projects provides research use antibodies.