Scientists, Immunology, Antibody discovery
We are seeking highly motivated and creative scientists (we intend to hire a more experienced scientist and a postdoctoral colleague), with experience in the humoral immune response and antibody development to join to ImmunoGenes Ltd in Budapest, Hungary. Antibody discovery is still a challenging process especially if the target is weakly immunogenic, like membrane proteins (GPCRs, ion‐channels). ImmunoGenes is a biotech company with a platform technology that improves the immune response using genetically‐modified mice and rabbits that overexpress the neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn). Our IMG‐AbS™ patented technology results in a greater number and greater diversity of B cell clones than is typical and a stronger immune response against weakly immunogenic targets. This, in turn, generates high‐quality monoclonal antibody candidates with high affinity and diversity that academy, pharmaceutical and biotech companies can use in their development of unique therapeutics and diagnostics.
ImmunoGenes uses cutting‐edge technologies to increase the success of its antibody discovery processes (e.g. transfected cell, recombinant Fc‐fusion protein or DNA as immunogens, flow cytometer or surface plasmon resonance assay for screening the antibodies, creating recombinant monoclonal antibodies from hybridoma, etc).
Duties and responsibilities
- Employ strategies for monoclonal antibody development specific for membrane proteins (GPCRs, ion‐channels).
- Supervise research associates (valid for the more experienced scientist).
- Manage timelines and deliverables.
- Develop reports for various projects.
- Clear communication in both oral and written form in English.
- Coordination of parallel tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization (valid for the more experienced scientist).
- Self‐motivated and independently minded (valid for the more experienced scientist)
- Positive interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of levels and function.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Responsive, can‐do attitude.
Education and experience
- Ph.D. in cell biology and/or Immunology (plus)
- Three or more years‐post doctoral experience (industry experience a plus) (valid for the more experienced scientist).
- Direct hands on experience with generating and analyzing monoclonal antibodies (valid for the more experienced scientist).
- In‐depth understanding of: humoral immune response, and monoclonal antibody development.
- Demonstrated experience in the following techniques: PCR, cloning, vector design and Western, flow cytometry, ELISPOT, cloning, vector design, immunization, hybridoma development and cell culture.
Place of work: Budapest, Hungary (rented laboratories at Eötvös Loránd University, Institute of Biology).
To apply for this position, please send your CV with references to Imre Kacskovics at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter including highlights from your academic/industrial experience corresponding to the above requirements.